Spring has finally sprung. The bunnies are bouncing, the sap is rising and the tunes are filled with sunshine. Yes our favourite time of year has arrived and the soundtrack is glorious. No fillers, just spring thrillers. First up is the magnificent Joe Le Bon’ s House Music Love Music on Moods & Grooves. Take a journey onboard this stylish Berlin bound house train and you will be forever wiggling. As you will if you indulge in a little of Dave DK’s captivating Val Maira on Kompakt. Quality electronica for the quality lover. Other adventures in sound worth noting this month include the brilliant Markantonio’s Musichemistry on Analytic Trail and the must groove that is Jazzy Eyewear’s 10 Years Of Jazzy Eyewear, Pt. 2 on So Sound Recordings.
As for those sensations we can’t help but salute this month? First are Eelke Kleijn, Prok & Fitch and Boris for Toolroom Live 02 on Toolroom Records. With house this enchanting you just know we are going to have sensational summer (and Brighton Pride) ahead. Next we have the truly inspirational fabric 81 Mixed by Matt Tolfrey on fabric. Always one to get excited about, Matt Tolfrey delivers a perfect compilation, making memories and refreshing parts you never knew needed the Tolfry touch. Magic. As is Rebel Rave 4 from Matthew Styles on Crosstown Rebels. With a track list that includes Eats Everything, Jamie Jones, Cassius, Dixon, Tale Of Us, Maceo Plex and Herbert you know there is a party to be had with the Rebels. As always. Enjoy.
Wildblood + Queenie’s 12’s of April joy
1. Woozee Fine Without You Club Soda Records Several “Wooh!”s + “come on baby’ samples = tune greatness
2. HNNY Solsidan / Alby EP Let’s Play House Let the sunshine in
3. Miguel Migs The Melody (Original) Salted Music Another class production with true Soul (II Soul).
4. Ralph Lawson presents Lost in Time Hold Over Me (Ralph Lawson & Tuccillo Vocal Mix) No.19 Music Deep divine beats to keep a hold of you till dawn.
5. Man Without A Clue Get Out Of My House (Waifs & Strays Remix) OFUNSOUNDMIND They so do have a clue – beats of the devilish kind
6. Ricardo Baez Butoh (David Jach Remix) Exotic Entertainment Forbidden Colours EP that has us in a sweet dancefloor sweat
7. Satoshi Tomiie Thursday, 2am Abstract Architecture New Day Album sampler that has us smiling all day long
8. wAFF Connected Hot Creations Dirty groove demanding attention. Just as we like it.
9. Pete Dafeet Wife (Extended Mix) Lost My Dog Piano loveliness returns for a house masterclass from Mr. Dafeet
10. Superlounge ft. Jinadu & Forrest Ghost Of Time Culprit Aching beauty from one of the UK’s finest.