Well to say we’ll be glad to see the back of January would be a vast, plastered casted, A&E-ed out, painkiller sponsored understatement. (Queenie would type this column herself but it….may…take…some…time…) So instead guiding you through this month’s must-do soundtrack is my working right hand, Queenie’s working left ear and our combined gratefulness. Sometimes being in a double act is priceless.
February is proving such a corker of a month for longplayers we’re hard pressed to pinpoint a favourite. Lets just say each and everyone is rocking our Tramadol influenced world right now. First up is the glorious 10 Years of Phonica on, erm, Phonica Records (see what they did there!). Mighty in its selection this will impress on you the genius of the label. A love affair rekindled. As is Kerri Chandler’s most special Watergate 15 compilation. Yet another sound reason to book that ticket to Berlin pronto.
If you like your house with that intelligent edge look no further than fabric 74: Move D on Fabric Records. It’s a lesson in all things deep yet achingly groovy as Move D a.k.a. David Moufang leads us by the hand through a melodic wonderland. Future Disco return with their seventh volume of nu-disco and deep house cool this month and its as good as you knew it would be with artists including Terrace Parker, Crazy P, Benoit & Sergio and Sonny ‘he’s the one’ Fodera onboard. Goosebumps guaranteed. As they are with the stunning Eskimo Recordings presents The Blue Collection on Eskimo Recordings. If opening track The Monster by Atella doesn’t make your day, Queenie will come round personally and make it for you – busted elbow or not. Enjoy.
Wildblood and Queenie’s Fab Feb 12inchers
1. I Am A Camera The Legendary Children (Up Yours Severino + Hifi Sean Remix) Tim & Danny Music If you don’t dance to this, best check you have a pulse. Addictive.
2. Huxley & Sam Russo Don’t Undastand (Honey Dijon’s Chi Town Boogie Mix) Leftroom Records Jack just got serious and we are loving it.
3. Phil Weeks feat. Ladybird Natural High (OG Mix) Robsoul Sexy, sultry summer must come soon vibes from Mr Weeks
4. Subb-an feat. S.Y.F. Say No More Crosstown Rebels The label of 2013 starts off 2014 with a Sub-bang!
5. Grace Jones Pull Up To The Bumper (Discomofo Rework) thehouseofdisco.com Can anyone resist a Grace rework? Consider yourself bumped once more.
6. H-Foundation feat. C1 Kontrol Room Magnetic Recordings A tune to shake your foundations and leave you gagging for more.
7. Groove Cartell ft. Samantha Mogwe So Far Gone (Spiritchaser Remix) Duffnote Another sexy, deep and sweet sensation from Duffnote.
8. Adriatique feat. Name One Midnight Walking Culprit Just surrender and let Name One charm the pants off you.
9. Todd Terry feat. Michael Moog Disco (Tee’s Disco 500 Mix) Kleenhouse A DSD future classic that insists the summer will begin soon enough.
10. DJ Rider In The Club (Original Mix) Love Robot Records If this is our robot future then we comply. Filth of the fine kind.